Friday, October 16, 2009

My Style




This is my first blog ever and it was quite fun to create!

I will start off by saying that I have many favorite artists and movements, but if I had to chose one style it would be Post-Impressionism. I love paintings with unique brushstrokes and bright colors.

Vincent VanGogh's brushstrokes are inspiring. "The Olive Grove", "Peach Trees in Blossom", "Wheat Field with Cypresses", & "Irises" are some of my favorites.
Pointillism is impressive. I love the combination of different colored dots in "Sunday on La Grande Jatte" by Georges Seurat. Seeing the Monet exhibit at the MFA years ago was amazing to view. His large canvases covered with big splotches of paint were fantastic!


The funny thing is that my own personal style is nothing like that of what I prefer to view at a museum. I draw with charcoal and love black and white. I have a large collection of animal portraits as well as other subjects. I love contrast and placing the subject in a timeless frame. I guess I am a Nostalgic Realist. Maybe I can start a new movement!

So.... now it is your turn. Tell me about YOUR favorite style. Feel free to share a famous artist or a particular masterpiece. You can click on any of the masterpiece photos on the right to view the associated style from a website called artinthepicture.com.

Thank you for sharing!

Ms. D. Coco

6 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful. Your artistry is shining through!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ruthie! It was fun to create! I loved picking some of my favorite pieces to represent the different movements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dianne,

    You have done an amazing job with this! I am amazed at all the beauty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dianne,
    Your blog is beautiful.. I can see you are on your way with your digital project. It is evident that you have spent a great deal of time on this. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you adjusted the setting correctly. Now we can comment.

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! Thanks everyone! I really enjoyed creating this and adding more and more as I learn new skills.

    ReplyDelete